Most boxed sheds are like Ikea on steroids. They come as components numbering in the hundreds which have to be assembled piece by piece relying on complex and obscure instructions. Not for the faint hearted. Even builders find them problematic.
You can find some great bargains online but before you purchase a boxed shed make sure the seller can provide you with a fixed price installer and what they charge to install and/or a course of action if either parts are missing or it won’t go together as instructed. The best most will give is to have you disassemble the product, put it back in the box and send back at your expense before supplying a refund. Not fun!! Especially when you have spent hours or days trying to put it together.
SHEDS IN BOXES
– Ikea on steroids
– Hundreds of individual components
– Complex and obscure instructions
– Missing parts
– Mystery box
– Varying quality
– Divorce in a box
– Not for the faint hearted
– Even builders have trouble
– Not as straight forward as made to look
BUYING ONLINE OR FROM HARDWARE STORES
– Faceless identities
– No physical address
– No responsibility (passing blame to product brand)
– No displays to check quality
– Worthless guarantees (make sure you read the fine print first)
– If it won’t go together as instructed and/or missing parts you have to disassemble, repack and send back at your own cost.
– No support or after service
– Let the buyer beware!